If you are unsatisfied with the mass-produced Valentine’s Day printed products you find at the grocery store, consider using the versatility of offset printing to your advantage. With a little creative thinking, you can create one of a kind Valentine’s Day messages and greetings. Here is a simple “how to” for creating a unique Valentine that your child can pass out at school.
Valentine’s Day Candy Bookmarks
1. Design a 2 x 6 bookmark using Valentine’s Day motifs. If you aren’t blessed with a graphic eye, find a printing company that has pre-made, customizable templates for you to use.
2. To save time, customize the design with your child’s name so you won’t have to spend hours writing it over and over again like when you buy Valentine’s at the store. For an even more personal touch, put your child’s photo on the bookmark. This is sure to be a hit in the classroom and everyone will love it.
3. Have your bookmarks printed. If you’re using a template from a company you’ll most likely have to print your bookmarks there. Otherwise, search around for the company that offers the amount you need for the best price possible. Offset printing is a quick and affordable way to obtain several copies of the same design, and the high quality cardstock used is perfect for the next step.
4. For this step, you will need a bag of lollipops and a hole punch. Use the hole punch to make two vertical holes, and slide the lollipop into them to attach. If you are extremely pressed for time and willing to spend a little extra money, talk to your printer about using a die cut so your bookmarks will come pre-punched.
5. The fifth step is for your children – on Valentine’s Day, they’ll pass out their unique candy bookmarks and spread the holiday cheer!