Code of Conduct
1) No flaming – Flaming will be defined as any public attack or negative comments directed to a specific individual or group of individuals on Frugal-Families.com. If you have a dispute with an individual that MUST be resolved, please take it to PMs. If you unable to resolve your dispute in this manner, take it to Administration. All flames are subject to editing or removal and the poster in question will be warned. Please treat each other with respect.
2) No discrimination –Racism in any form or anything that even hints of racism, in and under its various names and forms WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Please refrain from making derogatory comments in these forums about groups of people based on religion, nationality, parenting styles or sexual preference. Such discussions only serve to divide and hurt people. We vary in our nationalities, faiths, beliefs and lifestyles but come together for common things such as our frugality, need for support and need for understanding. Violators will receive a warning. Please keep in mind this is primarily a support forum and not a debate forum. There are many sites across the web that cater to just about any debate in which you may want to engage. Please do a search on Google and I am sure you will find what you need. (See 3 strikes policy)
3) Debating – It is important to note, AGAIN, that Frugal Families is primarily a support forum, not a debate forum. While I value the ability to discuss issues in an intelligent way, support and debate do not always mix. Yes, there will be times we disagree on issues and things discussed in our forums, but I hope in the end, we will agree that we can disagree on things. BUT, if you truly feel the need to debate issues, there are other sites that can meet this need.
4) No spam – Paid members are permitted to advertise their businesses in their sig line, and may talk about the issues of doing business, in the appropriate forum, but they may not attempt to solicit business through posts. Anyone who is not a paid member is prohibited from advertising-PERIOD! These posts will be removed, and anyone who is deemed to have registered for the exclusive purpose of advertising will be banned. All other members will receive a warning. Links to other sites similar to Frugal Families, within siglines, is also prohibited, and these links will be removed. Links to sites that give the member a type of compensation for every click they receive will also not be allowed.
5) Appropriate Posting Etiquette – Support forums are support forums. Please do not use a person’s prayer or support request to become a reason to be critical of them or offer unsolicited advice. If the person wants advice they will ask for it. If a member DOES ask for advice, please stay on topic, and answer the question. If you feel a need to go off topic, please start a new thread to do so. If you have asked for advice, be prepared to hear things with which you might not agree. Do not post obscenities, obscene links, or anything you would not want your child reading over your shoulder. Other persons’ requests for prayers or support shall not leave this message board, except via the person posting them. Do not post another person’s personal information on another message board.
6) All activities must be approved by administration. There are no exceptions. This means that any activities such as card exchanges, anything including prizes, or the exchange of materials,or money MUST be approved by admin. We reserve the right to require that such activities be moderated by staff, and that any money or materials be held in trust by a staff member to distribute.
Each request will be reviewed individually, and responded to, on the basis of length of membership, activity, and past performance. We reserve the right to deny any request for any reason, including if we simply think it is a bad idea. Please don’t take it personally, as it is for your own protection. Frugal Families cannot monitor every transaction, but we endeavor to make your membership as safe and comfortable as it can be.
Please Note!! If you decide to take part in an activity not sanctioned and run by Frugal Families staff, we will be in no way responsible for the outcome of this activity, or any transaction in which you participate.
7) No Personal Contact Information. We request for your protection that no personal contact information be posted on the boards. This includes addresses, phone numbers, emails, or any other means of contacting you. While the boards are private, we do have a small number of public boards. We want you to stay safe, so please don’t publish this information. If you want a friend to have it please PM them for that info, or if you are ill and cannot reply to many PMs, send that info to staff, and let them distribute it.
8) No copying– You shall not copy and paste material from any other website, or forum, without the written permission of the website owner or author. Any material that is found to be copied will be removed.
9) Copyright– All Frugal Families material is subject to copyright, and may not be copied without the written permission of the owner AND the original author. All material on the website is the property of Frugal Families; however, the owner shares copyright with the original author.
10) 3 strikes-YOU ARE OUT! – With the exception of zero tolerance offenses (rule number eleven), each person will receive two warnings if they are found to violate Frugal Families rules or terms of service. On the 3rd offense, their membership will come under administrative review, and that member may be subject to limited access, or banning for a given period of time or permanently.
11) Zero Tolerance offenses – These offenses will subject a member to possible immediate banning and include any extreme rudeness, disruptiveness, or abusive behavior. Anyone who posts pornographic material or any material relating to illegal activities of any sort and spammers will be immediately banned. Anyone who registers for the sole purpose of harassing or attacking Frugal Families staff or members will be banned.
12) Anyone who violates the terms of this Code of Conduct will be considered violating the terms of Service and will be subject to the cancellation of their account, without notice, and Frugal Families will not be liable for refund of monies paid.
13) No recruiting – You may not, for any reason, use this forum to recruit members for your own, or a friend’s forums. This includes PMs, posts, or obtaining emails, expressly for this purpose.