Easter is a great time to capture family photographs for scrapbooking. Even if you don’t scrapbook, planning your picture taking ahead of time ensures you won’t miss any of these great family memories. No family traditions? Then this is a great time to start!
Here are some Easter photograph ideas for scrapbooking:
- Photograph spring flowers in bloom. Daffodils and tulips will make a colorful contrast to your other photographs.
- Have your kids help you make Easter cookies or an Easter cake. Snap a picture of them working in the kitchen and then make sure to take a picture of the finished product. We made a layer cake and arranged it on a thick piece of cardboard covered with aluminum foil. It was lemon cake with lemon filling and pink frosting. We decorated it with store-bought Easter candy. Around the base of the cake we arranged Easter grass and added chocolate eggs and peeps for decoration. It made a great picture!
- Gingerbread houses aren’t just for Christmas! Make a gingerbread house and decorate it for Easter with pastel colors and lots of Easter candy. The possibilities are limitless.
- If your family attends Easter church services, make sure to get a picture of your girls in their Easter dresses. Dressing up is a great excuse to take a picture.
- Coloring Easter eggs never gets old, whatever the age of your kids! They never get tired of showing you how creative they are. Join in on the fun and then take a picture of the finished product.
- Easter egg hunts are also fun for the whole family. Take some good action pictures and get a picture of your kids with their Easter baskets.
- Easter dinners are a great time to take family pictures. It’s a good time to take pictures of relatives you don’t often see, and fun to get pictures of the family laughing and enjoying a meal together. Take pictures of any of the good food you want to remember later.
Have fun picture taking, and have a happy Easter!
Rachel Paxton is a freelance writer and mom who is the author of What’s for Dinner?, an e-cookbook containing more than 250 quick easy dinner ideas. For recipes, tips to organize your home, home decorating, crafts, and more, visit Creative Homemaking.