Baking Soda, a product found in most of our homes and one which is friendly to our environment. Below you will find tips on simplified cleaning solutions using Baking Soda.
– sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of your garbage tins to help keep them smelling fresh. Then when you wash the tin, you have soda already there to clean the tin.
–with warm water running, pour ½ cup of baking soda in the drain. This will help keep your drains odors free
–put a box of baking soda in your fridge to keep your fridge smelling fresh. Replace the book every 3 months. (rather than throwing the old baking soda out, pour down your drain with warm water running, will help to keep your drains odor free)
– for cleaning tubs and sinks sprinkle baking soda lightly on a clean damp sponge and scrub as usual. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry. Your sinks and tubs will be clean without chemical traces.
–for cleaning floors mix 1/2 cup of baking soda in a bucket of warm water, mop and rinse clean for fresh, clean floors.
– once a week, flush 1 cup of baking soda per week to help maintain a good pH level in your Septic Tank.
– to clean combs and hairbrushes mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a small basin of warm water. Rinse and allow to dry. This will remove natural oil build up and residue.
– boost your liquid laundry detergent by adding a ½ cup of baking soda to your liquid detergent. This will help get your clothes cleaner and brighter.
– for cleaning your barbecue grills, sprinkle dry baking soda on a damp brush, scrub the grill and rinse clean For tough, greasy grills, make a paste using 3 parts baking soda to 1 part warm water; scrub with a wire brush.
– to clean your Microwave, use baking soda on a clean damp sponge. Use this to clean the inside and outside of your microwave. Results: no chemical smells inside your microwave
–to deodorize your carpets, sprinkle baking soda on them, then vacuum
Stress Less Country – a lifestyle change – www.stresslesscountry.com – A collection of articles, thoughts, quotes, and stories on stress, simplicity, gardening, reduce, recycle & reuse and country crafts!